P 7 - Business Plan
From Interactive Device Design Fall13
Write up a short business plan for your product. Your follow the pattern of this File:SafeMote BP.pdf. But include only one financial scenario: the "Most Likely" case. The entire document should be at most 10 pages.
- Title page:
- Product name
- Team members
- Mission statement (1-3 sentences)
- Price (at retailers)
- Cost (per unit - in years 1 and 5).
- How your product works
- High-level description of functionality from user's perspective and the technology/implementation of your device. Show photos, diagrams.
- Intended Market
- Who is the target audience? What is the size of that market? Is the market growing?
- Potential scenario
- Manufacturing Product Costs
- How much will your product cost to manufacture? Determine Design and development cost, tooling, material costs, later costs, production costs, overhead.
- Operational Costs
- Structure of your corporation.
- Competitive Landscape
- Profit Model Spreadsheets with a single five-year "most likely" scenario.